Need to Be Heard?
As a professional and qualified psychotherapist and counsellor I provide sympathetic confidential space, where you can talk about what’s troubling you.
Talking through things with a therapist can lead to new perspectives on your situation, an increased sense of personal choice, acknowledgement of your own strength and resources, and a richer sense of connection with yourself and others.
Call me to set up a meeting in my central Whangarei office. I answer all calls personally. If I cannot take your call I will respond promptly to your message.
What is important for me is to create a space of respect, dignity and new potential for every human being – I work with clients of all cultures, nationalities, denominations, gender and sexual orientations.
Working with me as a psychotherapist -counsellor can help with:
self-limiting decisions and beliefs - such as “I don’t matter” – “there isn’t enough for me” – “I don’t belong” – “don’t be” – “don’t be sane” – “don’t succeed” – “I don’t deserve” – “don’t trust” – “don’t need” …………
- troubling emotions such unresolved anger, loneliness, frustration, guilt and shame
- single trauma, complex trauma and PTSD - trauma can “hijack” – this means a person perceives to be under life threat. Physical symptoms such as hyperarousal, hypo-arousal, numbing, dissociation and constriction can couple with psychological issues of feeling helpless, depressed, out of control, isolated and dissociated
- stress or anxiety because of fear of failure, work addiction, traumatic events, social status and office conflict
- relationship issues such as difficulty finding and sustaining relationships, relationship conflict, separation and bereavement, intimacy and sexuality
- personal development decisions about identity, sexuality, and life direction
- destructive habits including disordered eating, negative body image, sexual addictions and obsessional rituals
- abuse and domestic violence in a present or past relationship, co-habitative/marital, parental or any other environment. I am an active supporter of the Whangarei Women’s Refuge (Tryphina House) and am committed to help you find the power to come out of such a situation as a strong and healthy person.
- phobias and unexplained fears
- childhood trauma or sexual abuse effects
- panic attacks
- avoidance of intimacy
- low self-esteem, body image issues
The first step is a short phone conversation during which you can raise any questions you have, and tell me a little about your situation – if that’s what you want to do. Either call me directly, or email me with your phone/mobile number. Should you wish to explore counselling further we will then arrange a meeting in my practice in central Whangarei. This will afford you a chance to talk freely about your situation and your feelings in a calm, comfortable, confidential setting and you will be able to explore how counselling and therapy can help you before deciding to continue. You do not need to be referred by your GP.